Friday, November 12, 2010




Sewing has been another passion of mine, and after making a purse for myself, I made a few for friends and then decided to come up with a name and make more to sell. It has become an obsession, as there is so much about this process that is fun and creative and...addicting.




First of all, fabrics are to me like heroin is to an addict. I can't get enough. And when I see a great piece of fabric at a good price, I dig in my pockets and get it, even if it means I go without lunch that day. Fabric is gold.




Secondly, belts. I use and recycle belts to adorn and add panache to the handbags. Sometimes the belt dictates my direction rather than a fabric choice. A really cool belt lights up my eyes and I can't have enough of them either. Above is Black Velveteen named for the fabric and for a song I love.

No comments: